Connecting your TomTom Sports device to your TomTom Sports app using Bluetooth®* should be simple to do, but sometimes it can go wrong. If you cannot connect your device to your app, try the following steps to get connected.
If you've already paired a phone or tablet that you’re still using to your Sports device, you must forget your Sports device on that phone or tablet before pairing again on a new phone or tablet.
1. Check that you have the latest updates
- Your phone must be compatible with the TomTom Sports app.
- Your phone must be fully up-to-date and have Android™ version 4.4 or higher. If software updates are available for your phone, you should see them on the About device/About phone screen in the Settings menu.
- Your phone must have BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy) 4.1 or higher. You can find information about the Bluetooth® version of your device in the device specifications, for instance on the website of the device manufacturer.
- Your TomTom Sports device must have the latest software. Connect your device to your computer and open TomTom Sports Connect to check if a newer software version is available. New versions will be offered automatically.
- You must have the latest version of the TomTom Sport mobile app. If a newer version is available, you'll see it as an update in the Play Store.
2. Connect your Sports device
- Switch on Bluetooth® on your phone.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection on your phone. This is required to transfer activity information and settings from the app to the TomTom Sports Cloud. If your internet connection is not stable you can lose activity information.
- Switch off power saving mode on your Android™ device. This mode may disable Bluetooth® to save power.
- Some devices require Location Services to be switched on to help Bluetooth® connectivity.
Pair your phone and app again
- Fully charge your sports device.
- Forget your sports device in your phone’s list of paired Bluetooth® devices.
- Restart your phone.
- Open the TomTom Sports app.
- Follow the pairing instructions in the TomTom Sports app. Make sure you start the pairing process in the app rather than the Bluetooth® menu on your phone.
If your issue is not resolved, see our related FAQs below for further support.