Before you start
You need a computer with a card reader and TomTom HOME to install Danger Zones.
In order to avoid conflict with any old Speed Camera files for France on your memory card, make that sure these files are removed from the card:
- Insert your memory card into the card reader on your computer.
- Start TomTom HOME.
- In the main menu, select Manage my Carminat TomTom .
- In the tab Items on device , you see a list of all installed items. If you see an item in the list called Speed Cameras , click the plus (+) icon to expand this category.
- If you have Speed Cameras for France in the list tick the box to select this item, then select the button Remove items from device at the bottom of the screen.
Installing Danger Zones
To download and install Danger Zones, insert your Carminat TomTom memory card into the card reader on your computer, then follow the steps below:
- Start TomTom HOME.
- Go to the menu Add Traffic, Voices and other services , then select the Danger Zones menu.
- Select the Buy button to download and install Danger Zones.
Your Danger Zones are installed as POIs (Points of Interest).
You can change your alert settings for Danger Zones in the Manage POIs menu. You see the following POI files for Danger Zones:
- DebutZoneDanger for the start of a zone.
- RappelZoneDanger for the reminder within a zone.
- FinZoneDanger300m for the end of a 300 metre zone.
- FinZoneDanger2km for the end of a 2 kilometre zone.
- FinZoneDanger4km for the end of a 4 kilometre zone.
To manage your alert settings for Danger Zones and other POIs, follow the steps below.
- On the main menu screen of your Carminat TomTom, select Change preferences .
- Select Manage POIs , then Warn when near POI .
- Select the POI category, for example DebutZoneDanger, from the list then select Done .
- Select the distance you would like to be warned at and confirm the warning sound.
- Optionally you can tick the box to warn only when the POI is on your planned route.
Note : You are also warned for Danger Zones that are active in the opposite direction while driving. These zones are displayed on the left hand side of the road, and you see the icon for the end of the zone first.