By using MyDrive Connect, you can see what updates you are able to download, and how long each subscription (Speed Camera Updates or LIVE Services) is valid for. Once a subscription has expired, you must renew it in order to receive updates to speed camera locations.
Note : If your device connects to TomTom Services using your Smartphone or a built-in SIM card, you will receive Speed Camera updates over the air, provided you have a valid Speed Camera or LIVE Services subscription. You can also download fixed speed camera locations using MyDrive Connect as described below.
Update speed cameras locations with MyDrive Connect
To update the fixed speed cameras locations on your navigation device, follow the steps below.
- Connect your navigation device to your computer. Switch on your device.
- If MyDrive Connect doesn't open automatically, click the MyDrive Connect icon ( or or ) in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click MyDrive Connect .
- If you are not already logged in, enter your email address and password and click Log in . You can select "Remember my email address" so you don't have to enter it next time.
You see an overview of the amount of available updates and, if applicable, any items which have expired or are about to expire.
- Click My Content at the top left of the page.
- Under MY SPEED CAMERAS, click Update on the speed cameras you want to update.
Note : This button is called Install if the speed cameras are not installed on your device. Click Install to install the speed cameras on your device.
Note : The speed cameras offered will depend on your map. If you have a map that covers multiple countries you will be offered speed cameras for each of the countries that TomTom has speed cameras for.
MyDrive Connect downloads and installs the latest fixed speed camera locations.
Once the installation is complete, you will see the message YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED in MyDrive Connect. Click Done to return to the MY CONTENT page.
- When you see the message on your navigation device that the installation has completed, disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
- Enable your speed camera alerts
To enable speed camera alerts on your device tap Enable alerts in the TomTom Speed cameras menu. more
To enable speed camera alerts on your device, do the following:
- Tap Services > Speed cameras .
- Tap Enable alerts.
Tap Alert settings to change a sound effect.
Note : Speed camera alerts are only given when you are driving at 60% or more of the allowed speed.
You can now use your navigation device with the latest fixed speed camera locations.