You can share your location and estimated time of arrival (ETA) with your contact. Before you start driving, you set up a short list of contacts and then when driving you can send an SMS to your chosen contacts about your current location, destination and ETA.
This feature is supported by Android phones only (Android 4.1 or later).
Adding contacts to your short list:
to wake up voice control then say
, or select the Phone button.
You will see a message Speak to your phone after the tone.
- Select the Contacts button.
- Search for a contact.
- Toggle the setting for Add to short list to ON.
- Select the back arrow to add more friends or family to your list.
Sending your location and ETA while driving:
- In the guidance view, select the current location symbol or speed panel to open the quick menu.
- Select the people in your shortlist to whom you want to send your location and ETA too.
Your location and ETA is sent to your chosen contacts via SMS message.
If you have a route planned, the SMS includes your current location, destination and ETA. If you no route is planned, the SMS sends your current location.