Errors during updates can happen for various reasons. In most cases simply trying to download the update again and leaving the navigation device connected to the computer resolves the problem.
If you get an error during an update, try the following:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of MyDrive Connect.
- Make sure your navigation device is connected to MyDrive Connect.
- Make sure there is a stable Internet connection. more
We highly recommend using a network (Ethernet) cable to make a direct connection between your computer and the Internet modem.
A wireless Internet connection can be used, but this can be affected by interference which can result in a slow or failed download.
Also, if you are using a public network, the network may have an unstable Internet connection which can cause a download or an installation failure.
- Make sure MyDrive Connect is allowed access to the Internet by the security software. more
Firewalls, antivirus scanners and pop-up blockers can also interfere with a download. It may be necessary to configure your firewall and router to allow MyDrive Connect full access to the Internet.
If you are trying to download your update on a business network, for example in an office at your workplace, be aware that your company may have download restrictions and access policies that may prevent updates from being downloaded.
- Try downloading and installing the updates again using MyDrive Connect .
If these steps fail, try installing the updates using a different computer.