To connect to your smartphone, Bluetooth® must be enabled on that phone. Your phone also needs to be discoverable for other devices. For hands-free calling, the A2DP Bluetooth® protocol is used.
For further instructions about Bluetooth® settings on your phone see your phone's manual. Usually, the manual is available for download on your phone provider's website.
For GO 520 Wi-Fi, GO 620 Wi-Fi, Rider 500, Rider 550, GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi devices see Connecting your phone for data, hands-free calls, and smartphone messages
SETTING UP HANDS-FREE CALLING ON A VIA 52/62
- On your VIA device, tap the Phone menu.
- Switch on Bluetooth on your phone, then tap the Search for Phone button on your device.
- Select the phone you want to pair from the list on your device then tap Next .
- Accept the pairing request on your phone.
- On your phone, allow access to contacts and phone logs to sync them with your device
Once syncing is complete, you can search or browse your contact list, tap the contact then tap the phone icon to make a call.
|GO 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Via series, Blue&Me TomTom 2 LIVE, Sony XNV, Mazda Navigation System NB1 (LIVE), TomTom Connect||From the Main menu, tap Settings > Connections . Then follow the instructions on the screen.|
|GO x50, GO x40, GO x30, GO x20, GO x10, Blue&Me TomTom, Carminat TomTom, DAIHATSU, ECLIPSE, TOYOTA, MAZDA, Lexus CT MoveOn Navi, Rider||Tap Mobile phone from the Main menu. Then follow the instructions on the screen.|
If you can't connect your navigation device to your mobile phone try the following:
- Make sure you have the latest software installed on your navigation device .
- If your device is listed in the Bluetooth menu on your phone, remove it from the list.
- If possible, remove the battery from your mobile phone for a few seconds, then re-insert the battery.
- Switch on your phone and make sure that Bluetooth® is enabled and that the phone is discoverable for other devices.
- Connect using Bluetooth® by following the steps above.