This FAQ contains information that may not be applicable to your device. More information .
Before you start
TomTom HOME offers one update of the fixed speed camera locations at no additional cost when you connect your device for the first time. To receive further speed camera updates, you need to have a LIVE Services subscription or a speed camera subscription .
Note: XL LIVE IQ Routes, GO 740 LIVE, GO 940 LIVE, GO 750 LIVE, GO 950 LIVE using application version 9.400 or higher and an active LIVE Services subscription. These devices receive fixed and mobile speed camera updates over the air in real time as long as the device is connected to our LIVE Services network. You also have the option to download fixed speed camera locations using TomTom HOME, as explained below.
For help with the installation of TomTom HOME, see How do I install TomTom HOME on my computer?
Update the speed cameras
To update the fixed speed cameras on your navigation device follow the steps below.
- Connect your navigation device to your computer and switch it on.
TomTom HOME will start automatically. more
To start TomTom HOME manually, do one of the following:
- In Windows 7 and Vista, click the Start button and then click All Programs > TomTom > TomTom HOME .
- In Windows XP, click Start > All Programs > TomTom > TomTom HOME .
- In macOS, click Go > Applications and then double-click TomTom HOME .
Note : If you're already logged into your TomTom account, the latest speed cameras are listed here. If so, continue with step 4.
- Log into your TomTom account. more Log in by using the same email address and password you used when you purchased the speed camera subscription.
Your navigation device needs to be linked to this TomTom account.
- If TomTom HOME doesn't check for updates automatically, click Update my device .
- Click Download updates . more
Tick the box next to the items you want to download and then click Download updates .
TomTom HOME will first download the selected items.
TomTom HOME will then install the selected items on your navigation device.
- Click Device > Disconnect Device in the TomTom HOME menu.
You can then disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
- Enable your speed camera alerts
To enable speed camera alerts on your device tap Enable alerts in the TomTom speed cameras menu.