Before you start swimming it is important that you have set the correct values in the swim settings menu:
From the Swim activity screen on your watch, move down and select POOL SIZE.
- Make sure the pool size is set correctly.
Your GPS Watch detects regular arm movements during swimming to compute swimming data. This means that there are some situations that affect measurement results:
- Swimming drills with static hands (like when holding a foam board) will be very difficult to detect.
- Consistent style and pace per length gives the best measurement results:
- Stick to the same stroke type per length.
- A dramatic change in pace part way through a length may cause errors.
- A strong push off the wall helps.
- Pause the watch when taking a longer rest (a minute or more).