With Adventurer, Runner 3 and Spark 3 you can follow trails in activities that use GPS. To use trails you need to either convert a previous activity in TomTom Sports to a trail, or upload a GPX file from another website.
Watch the video
Links mentioned in video: https://mysports.tomtom.com
To convert a previous GPS activity to a trail on your watch do the following:
- Open one of your previous GPS activities.
- Click on More in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on COPY TO TRAILS .
- The trail then appears in the trails list of the PLANNING section.
- Connect the watch to your computer. Your trail is automatically uploaded to your watch after the synchronisation is done.
To upload a trail to your watch from a .GPX file do the following:
- Go to PLANNING on the TomTom Sports website .
- Click Upload trail .
- Double-click a GPX file on your computer.
- TomTom Sport uploads the trail.
- Click the name if you want to change it.
- Connect your watch to the computer to sync the trail.
Tip : There are many websites that allow you to download GPX files.
To select a trail on your watch do the following:
Watch the video
- The following activities use GPS:
Run, Cycle, Freestyle, Hike or Trail run. *
Select one of these activities and press RIGHT.
- Press DOWN to go to the Settings screen and select TRAILS .
- Select a trail from the list.
* Not all activities are available on all watches.
You see the full trail displayed as a thin line. You also see the start of the trail, shown by a “flag” icon, and the end of the trail, shown by a “finish” icon.
Your position is indicated by the arrow. The arrow tells you which direction you are facing when standing still and which direction you are headed when moving. A thicker line shows your breadcrumb trail, displaying where you have been.
You can press RIGHT to go to a zoomed-in view of your trail, and press LEFT to zoom back out to the overview screen. A scale bar of each of these views is shown at the bottom of the display.
Note : It is important to regularly calibrate the compass to make sure it maintains its accuracy. Go to Settings on the watch, then Sensors , and then Compass .