On a new watch, with a fully charged battery your watch can be used for up to 10 hours of activities that need GPS reception, such as running and cycling. This time will decrease over time of use of the watch.
If you see a sudden decrease in battery life, try the following:
- Your watch and your phone may be trying to establish a Bluetooth connection without success, for example when you phone isn’t in reach. To check this, go to SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING and switch syncing off.
- Make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled night mode. Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT .
- Batteries deplete over time. This very much depends on individual use.
- Try a factory reset in the Settings of Sports Connect.
The battery uses charge more quickly when you do the following:
You use the backlight on your watch frequently or all the time.
The backlight can be switched on or off in SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT .
Tip : You can cover the screen with your palm briefly to temporarily turn on the back light unless you have enabled training that uses laps.
- Bluetooth® accessories
Streaming audio to a wireless headset or speaker using Bluetooth® has a big impact on battery life. To extend battery life of the watch and headset, power down the headset when you’re not using it.
There is a big difference in how the watch uses battery charge with sensors. The watch uses much more battery charge while searching for a Bluetooth® sensor. Once the sensor is found and linked, there is hardly any impact on battery life time.
For optimal battery life during your activity, make sure the sensor is active and in range, and the sensor icon stops blinking and becomes solid before you start the activity. If you decide to not use a sensor during an activity, make sure it is switched off by pressing down from the Clock screen, then select SENSORS , then OFF .
- Tracker You track your heart rate, activities or sleep on a 24/7 basis. Of these, 24/7 heart rate tracking has the biggest impact on battery life. Note : Activity tracking is not available on all watches.
- Beeping and buzzing
You use training options that generate a lot of beeping and buzzing.
- Mobile sync
Your watch is set to sync with your mobile phone.
There are three options under SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING
- ON – This is needed to enable phone notifications and to automatically upload activities to your smartphone. Depending on how many applications you have open in the background, activities are synced without having to open the app.
- MANUAL – Activities are only uploaded once you wake up the watch by pressing down from the clock screen and you have the app open on your smartphone.
- OFF – This is the best setting for saving battery life. However, this will not allow you to sync your activities with your smartphone.
- Smartphone notifications
You enable smartphone notifications in SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > ALERTS . This uses a permanent Bluetooth connection. The impact depends on various factors including what kind of smartphone you are using. This option is not available and greyed out if syncing is set to MANUAL or OFF.
When the watch is connected to the computer or a wall charger you are shown two different icons:
|Charging but not yet full|
|On power and fully charged|
Tip: Make sure you fully charge your watch before any important running, cycling or swimming activities.