A ‘Check SD card’ message can appear on your Bandit due to problems with the microSD card you are using. To find a compatible microSD card, check the list of microSD cards that have been tested with the Bandit and are known to work well: Which memory card can I use with TomTom Bandit?
Recording not starting:
The probable cause is a read error with your microSD card. To fix this problem you can repair the microSD card as follows:
- From the Camera Status screen on your camera, move down to open the SETTINGS menu.
- Select GENERAL , then move right.
- Select STORAGE , then move right.
- Select REPAIR SD , then move right.
- Select YES to start repairing the microSD card.
Bandit tries to fix any read errors, then restarts your camera.
Recording starts but stops after a while:
This is caused by slow write speeds to the microSD card and is a result of using a lower class of card. Make sure you use at least a Class 10 microSD card.
It also could be a result of heavy use. If this is the case check our list of supported microSD cards: Which memory card can I use with TomTom Bandit?