To transfer favourites and Points of Interest (POIs) from a device that updates with TomTom HOME to a newer device, follow these steps:
Create a new POI category:
- On your navigation device, tap Manage POIs from the Preferences menu.
- Tap Add POI category and then type in a name, for example " Favourite POIs ".
- Tap OK .
- Select a picture as a marker for your new POI category.
Add your Favourites to your new POI category:
- In the Manage POIs menu tap Add POI , then select your new POI category.
- You can now add your home address and Favourites. You can also add a phone number for each entry.
Copy your new POIs to your computer:
- Connect your TomTom device to your computer and start TomTom HOME. When asked if you want to connect to the computer tap Yes .
- In TomTom HOME, select the Manage my device menu, and copy the POI files to your computer.
Tip : You can see and change where TomTom HOME stores files by going to the Tools menu option in TomTom HOME, then HOME Preferences , and clicking on the Folders tab.
Note that POI files are zipped by TomTom HOME, so you'll need to unzip the file(s) before transferring them to another device.
Import the POIs in MyDrive
- Open MyDrive .
- Click on the My Places menu.
- If you are not already logged in with your TomTom-account, log in now.
- Click on POI files .
- Click Import POI file .
- Click Select File to browse your computer for the file you want to upload. Note that MyDrive can upload files up to 2 MB.
- If your device is connected to your computer with a USB cable the .OV2 file will be synced right away. If not, syncing will happen the next time you switch on your device and log in to your TomTom-account:
- In the Main Menu of your navigation device, select TomTom Services .
- Select MyDrive and log in with your email address and password.
- MyDrive is now activated and ready to sync your items.