The method used to transfer Favourites to a new map depends on which navigation device you have.
Note: Favourites cannot be transferred for the following devices: ONE 3rd Edition, ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130.
Find your device below to see instructions.
GO 1000 series, GO LIVE 800 series, Via series, Start 20 series, Start 60, Sony XNV
- Updating a map of the same region automatically transfers your Favourites to your new map.
- You may decide to save a copy of your Favourites on your computer as a backup. show me how...
GO x50 LIVE, GO x50, XL IQ Routes, ONE IQ Routes
- To allow TomTom HOME to transfer your Favourites and settings, do the following before you download your new map the same region:
- Check if you're using the latest version of TomTom HOME by clicking Check for HOME Update in the Help menu. If you are offered a newer version, install it.
- Check that your navigation device has the latest TomTom application installed. show me how...
Note: You need to have application version 9.058 or higher installed on your navigation device to use this feature.
- Connect your navigation device to your computer.
- Start TomTom HOME.
Important : If a new application is offered as well as a new map, deselect your new map and only download the latest application.
- Once the latest application is installed and you are not being offered any further application updates, you can download your new map. Your Favourites will be automatically transferred to the new map of the same region.
- For other devices you need to convert your Favourites into Points of Interest (POI) before installing your new map of the same region, as described below.
- Create a new POI category:
- On your navigation device, tap Manage POIs from the Preferences menu.
- Tap Add POI category and then type in a name, for example " Favourite POIs ". Tap OK.
- Select a picture as a marker for your new POI category.
- Add your Favourites to your new POI category:
- In the Manage POIs menu tap Add POI , then select your new POI category.
- You can now add your home address and Favourites.
You can also add a phone number for each entry.
- Copy your new POIs to your computer : Connect your TomTom device to your computer and start TomTom HOME. When asked if you want to connect to the computer tap Yes.
- Click Manage my device and then select the Items on device tab.
- Click on the plus icon next to Points of Interest and select your POIs by ticking the box.
- Click Copy items to computer .
- After your new map has been installed, transfer your new POIs:
- With your TomTom navigation device still connected to your computer, start TomTom HOME.
- Click Add Traffic, Voices, Speed Cameras etc. in the TomTom HOME menu. Click Items on my computer.
- Click the plus icon next to Points of interest and tick the box next to your custom POIs, for example “Favourite POIs”. Click Add .
Your custom POIs are installed on your new map.
Navigate to your "Favourite POIs" :
- Tap Navigate to... in the Main menu on your navigation device.
- Tap Point of Interest .
- Select your new POI category from the list, for example " Favourite POIs ".
If your new POI category isn't shown, tap the arrow to go to the next page.
- Select a POI from the list.
For newer devices , see Transferring items from MyDrive to your navigation device
To learn more about the advantage of using a Point of Interest instead of a Favourite, see What is the advantage of POIs over favourites?