Your TomTom Spark / Runner GPS watch allows you to monitor your heart rate during the day.*
Before enabling 24/7 heart rate monitoring, make sure that the heart rate sensor on your watch is turned on by pressing down from the clock screen and selecting SENSORS and then HEART . HEART needs to be set to ON .
Enable 24/7 heart rate monitoring on your watch
To enable 24/7 heart rate monitoring on your watch, follow these steps:
- From the clock screen, press down to open the SETTINGS menu.
- Select TRACKER .
- Select HEART .
- Select ON .
- Synchronise your watch by connecting it to TomTom Sports Connect on your computer or to the TomTom Sports mobile app.
Your watch is now measuring your heart rate when you wear it. 24/7 heart rate measurements are performed every 10 minutes.
You can see your average resting heart rate on the TomTom Sports website or in the mobile app. Your average resting heart rate is based on the measurements recorded throughout the day when you have 24/7 heart rate monitoring enabled. Heart rate measured during sleep and activities is excluded when calculating resting heart rate. On the TomTom Sports website you can also see a graphical representation of your heart rate throughout the day, week, month and year.
Note : 24/7 heart rate monitoring requires software version 1.2.0 or higher.
View your heart rate on the TomTom Sports website
- Go to mysports.tomtom.com/app/progress .
- Click All sports and select Activity tracking .
- At the bottom of the page, select Average Resting .
By clicking All at the top of the page you can filter by day, week, month or year and see a corresponding graph.
View your heart rate in the TomTom Sports mobile app
Tap the Resting Heart Rate section found in the tabs Latest and Trends to see a summary of your resting heart rate and a graphical representation of resting heart rate per day.
* Your TomTom GPS watch provides you with activity information that encourages you to adopt a more active lifestyle overall. Your device uses sensors that track your movement and provide you with relevant information about your activity. The information and data provided is a close estimate of your activity and data may not be completely accurate. Data shown can vary per device used or per person and may be dependent on their height, weight, age, build and activity level. The TomTom GPS watch cannot be relied on or used as a replacement for medical advice. We recommend that you consult your physician before starting a new exercise or fitness plan.