When you connect your TomTom Sports device to TomTom Sports Connect on your computer or to the TomTom Sports mobile app, your new activities are automatically uploaded to TomTom Sports. You can also choose to automatically upload your activities to other 3rd party applications or save them on your computer in various file types.
To configure the export of your activities in TomTom Sports, follow these steps:
- Go to mysports.tomtom.com/app/settings/exporters .
- Click the + next to the exporter you wish to add.
- To configure automatic export of your activities to a 3rd party application, go to Select your Sports Sites , select the application, click Log in and log in to the application of your choice.
- To configure automatic backup of your activities on your computer, go to Save to your Computer and select a file type.
Once an export to a new 3rd party application or file type is added, all new activities are also transferred to that application or your computer in the selected file type.
Note : Files cannot be generated using the TomTom Sports mobile app. You can only generate files by connecting to TomTom Sports Connect on your computer.
Automatic export of your activities from TomTom Sports
Other applications you can export your activities to
You can use your TomTom Sports device with many more 3rd party applications that are integrated with TomTom Sports. To do this, you need to go to one of the following 3rd party applications and connect it to TomTom Sports. After this has been done, all your TomTom Sports device activities will be automatically exported to these 3rd party applications every time you connect your device to TomTom Sports Connect on your computer or to your TomTom Sports mobile app.
Automatically save activities
When you connect your TomTom Sports device to TomTom Sports Connect on your computer, you can choose to save your activities on your computer automatically in one of the following formats.
Tip: To get the best results we recommend that you use .FIT files. If this format does not give you the desired results, try .TCX, and then try .GPX.
- GPX – GPS Exchange format. This is an open standard for location data that stores the track and time stamps of your workout. Only locations, elevation and time are stored, no heart rate, cadence or other information can be stored in this file format.
- KML – Google Earth’s native file format. Stores location (track) with elevation and time. Heart rate and other sensor information are stored as additional information and are shown as labels in Google Earth
- TCX – Garmin Training Center file format. This is a file format dedicated to sports and fitness and captures location/elevation, time and all of the sensor data.
- FIT – ANT+/Garmin format, smaller and more advanced than TCX.
- PWX - dedicated format for TrainingPeaks.