Download TomTom Sports Connect and connect your TomTom Runner 2
Download and install TomTom Sports Connect on your computer.
Sign up for TomTom Sports and register your TomTom Runner 2
On the TomTom Sports website you'll be able to sync and view your activities, stats and progress.
You should connect your watch to your computer regularly to charge it, to download QuickGPSfix information, which helps your watch to find your location quickly, and to get the latest software updates.
Get the TomTom Sport mobile app and connect your TomTom Runner 2
Learn more about your TomTom Runner 2
Using your watch
Press the button to go up, down, left or right to other screens on your watch.
- Press LEFT – to open the Activity Tracking menu.
- Press DOWN – to open the Settings menu.
- Press RIGHT – to open the Activities menu.
- Press UP – to enter the pairing mode for Bluetooth® headphones. *
- Cover the screen with your palm briefly to turn on the back light.
Using your heart rate monitor (only for CARDIO watches)
Note : If your watch doesn’t have an integrated heart rate monitor, you can buy an external heart rate sensor to record the same information.
To get the best performance from the heart rate monitor in your watch, follow these tips:
- Wear the watch face on top of your wrist and the bottom of the watch flat against your skin.
- Move the watch up your arm above your wrist bone.
- Close your strap so that it is tight to your arm without being uncomfortable.
- You get the most accurate results from the heart rate monitor when you warm up before starting your activity.
Listening to music (only for MUSIC watches)
Do you have TomTom Headphones?
To start pairing with TomTom headphones, hold the centre button down on the headset control for 10 seconds until you see a blue and red light flashing alternately. On your watch, press UP from the clock screen to start searching for the headphones. A checkmark appears on your screen when the pairing is complete.
After the pairing is complete, music will start playing. Press UP to pause and LEFT/RIGHT to skip tracks. Changing the Playlist can be done using the Settings menu. To add or change music on your watch, use TomTom Sports Connect.
After the pairing is complete, press UP to pause and RIGHT to choose what to play. To add or change music on your watch, use the TomTom Sports Connect application (to download in step 1).For any tips on how to wear and use your TomTom Bluetooth® headphones, visit our more extensive manual on this topic or watch the video for support.
Other HeadphonesYou can also pair your watch with other Bluetooth® headphones. Check the user manual for your headphones to see how to connect them to music players. See our article on headphone compatibility .
Note : You cannot play music underwater!
Starting an activity
To start an activity on your watch, do the following.
- From the clock, press RIGHT.
- Select one of the activities, then press RIGHT.
- For RUN, CYCLE and FREESTYLE activities, you need a GPS fix. Wait while your watch shows Please wait and the GPS icon flashes in the top left hand corner of the screen. When it's ready to start an activity, your watch shows the message GO and the GPS icon stops flashing. For a quicker GPS fix, make sure QuickGPSfix is up-to-date and avoid moving while waiting.
- To pause an activity, press and hold LEFT once. Waiting in this screen for 60 seconds will show you your heart rate recovery (CARDIO watch only). Press and hold LEFT again to completely stop the activity.
Export your activities to other websites and file types
If you want to export your activities to other websites or file types, go to:
Click the + next to the exporter you wish to add. If you choose a website, you are then asked to log in to that website.