If you are unable to install the MyDrive app on your Android smartphone, then you can pair your device to the smartphone without the MyDrive app.
Currently, the MyDrive app may not be offered on Android 13 devices.
You're shown: This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.
This message should not be shown, and we are looking into this.
To connect your navigation device to your phone, do the following:
- On your navigation device, open the main menu.
- Tap Settings , then tap Bluetooth® .
- Tap Add Phone .
- Tap the question mark (?) in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap Don't want to use the app. Follow these instructions.
- On your phone, open Bluetooth® in the Settings menu.
- Switch on Bluetooth®.
- Your navigation device will appear in a list of available devices. Tap it to pair.
- Accept the pairing request on your phone, then on your navigation device.
- Your devices are now connected.
To use your phone's data connection for TomTom Services, open the Settings menu on your phone and switch on Personal Hotspot.
Note : Depending on your phone's Operating System, Personal Hotspot might be called one of the following names:
- Tethering or Bluetooth® Tethering
- Tether or Bluetooth® Tether
- Or check the latest documentation available on your phone manufacturer's website.
Tip : To sync routes you can also use the Mydrive Route planner web version as a widget on your smartphone.
- Go to https://mydrive.tomtom.com/ on your smartphone.
- Tap the three dots, whilst the page is open in the browser.
- Tap Add to home screen.