Watch the video
|Downloading a map can take up to several hours, depending on your internet connection speed and the size of the map you are downloading.|
- We advise that you turn off any "Stand-by" and/or "Hibernation" modes on your computer to prevent any interruption of the map download process.
The download and installation may take several hours. If you are using a laptop then make sure it is plugged in to a mains power supply.
- If your firewall asks for permission, make sure that you allow TomTom HOME access to the internet to enable the download.
- In TomTom HOME, click Log in in the top right hand corner. Enter your user name and password, then click Log in .
Note : Make sure you use the same account that you used to purchase the map.
- Click Update my device in TomTom HOME.
Your new map is shown in the list of updates.
- Click Update and install .
If you get a server time-out error, it means that the connection between your device and the TomTom HOME servers is not sustainable.
If the error occurs at the beginning of the download, it is usually caused by a firewall setting that is blocking TomTom HOME from connecting to the TomTom HOME servers. If the error occurs after a few hours then it is due to a slow download speed. This could be caused by a firewall blocking or impeding the download, or it could simply be due to a slow internet connection.
- Once the download has finished, click Done .
- Click the blue eject button in the bottom right of TomTom HOME to safely disconnect your device. Disconnect your device from your computer. Your device will now use the new map.