Your GO Discover, GO Expert, GO Exclusive, GO Camper Max, GO Superior, or GO Expert Plus needs to be connected to the internet in order to get traffic information, as well as for other real-time update services like mobile speed camera updates.
To connect to your smartphone, Bluetooth® must be enabled on that phone. Your phone also needs to be discoverable for other devices.
For further instructions about Bluetooth® settings on your phone see your phone's manual. Usually, the manual is available for download on your phone provider's website.
Connecting your phone
To connect your GO Discover, GO Expert, GO Exclusive GO Camper Max, GO Superior, or GO Expert Plus to your phone, follow these steps:
- On your navigation device, open the main menu.
- Tap Settings , then tap Bluetooth® .
- Tap Add Phone .
- On your phone, open Bluetooth in the Settings menu.
- Switch on Bluetooth. To use your phone's data connection for TomTom Services, open the Settings menu on your phone and switch on Personal Hotspot*.
- Your navigation device will appear in a list of available devices. Tap it to pair.
- Accept the pairing request on your phone, then on your navigation device.
- Your devices are now connected.
: Depending on your phone's Operating System, Personal Hotspot might be called one of the following names:
Tethering or Bluetooth® Tethering
Tether or Bluetooth® Tether
Or check the latest documentation available on your phone manufacturer's website.
Disconnecting your phone
Open the menu and go to Settings > Bluetooth to see the phones that are paired with your device.
To disconnect a connected phone, tap Connected . This brings up a prompt saying “Disconnect?”. Tap OK to disconnect the phone.
To have your device completely forget a paired phone, tap the cogwheel next to Connected . This brings up a prompt saying “Forget phone?”. Tap OK to fully unpair the phone.