The easiest way to make a backup of all the contents of your TomTom device is by using TomTom HOME . You can make one backup per device and store it on your computer. When you make a new backup, the old backup for that device is overwritten.
Tip: We recommend setting HOME to back up automatically before installing new content.
Watch the video
Links mentioned in video Restoring a map from a backup (TomTom HOME)
Backing up your device
- Connect your navigation device to your computer and switch it on.
TomTom HOME starts automatically.
If TomTom HOME does not start, do one of the following:
- Windows 8 :
Right-click on the Start screen and click All apps . Then scroll through the list of applications until you see TomTom HOME . Double click to open the program.
- Older versions of Windows :
Click Start > All Programs > TomTom > TomTom HOME .
- Mac :
Click Go in the Finder menu and choose Applications , then double-click TomTom HOME .
- Windows 8 :
- Click Back up and restore in the HOME menu.
- Click Back up my device and then click Back up now in the bottom right corner.
HOME backs up your device.
- Wait until HOME has finished creating the backup.
Then click Done .
To see where HOME saves your backups do one of the following:
- Windows: Click Tools > TomTom HOME Preferences and then select the Folder Preferences tab.
- Mac: Click TomTom HOME > Preferences... and then select the Folder Preferences tab.
To restore a backup, click Back up and restore in the HOME menu and then click Restore my device .
Backup your navigation device manually
In exceptional cases you may need to backup your navigation device manually. [ show me how... ]