The battery of your navigation device cannot be replaced. In case your battery performance is not satisfactory, please review the following suggestions.
It is important to charge the device battery properly, so here are some guidelines for charging your device:
- We recommend that you first try to charge your device for at least 2 hours. Then soft reset your device .
- Try charging the device using a different power source (for example with a USB cable or a wall charger).
- Make sure the cable is connected directly to the device, and not to the windscreen mount while charging.
- Newer devices like the GO Discover, GO Exclusive and GO Camper Max requires an output charge of 5V/2.4A .
- Do not charge the device using the vehicle’s own USB port as in some vehicles the power source from that outlet may not be sufficient.
- The battery life also depends on the connected services used on device, the screen brightness, and more. For additional information, see Extending the battery life of your navigation device .
- The battery of your navigation device will hold power for a maximum of 2-3 hours with a full charge.
TomTom devices are designed to be used while on charge, so we recommend you always keep your TomTom device connected to a power source while in use.
If you have a problem with the battery, contact TomTom customer support .