You can set your vehicle's type and specific settings so that the route planned by your device is suitable for your vehicle. If you want to use your Trucker in another type of vehicle, just change the vehicle type and settings.
Note: On some navigation devices you are asked to set your vehicle profile when you start your device for the first time.
Watch the video
- Select Settings in the Main Menu, then select My Vehicle.
The My Vehicle screen is shown.
- Select Vehicle Type then select your vehicle type from the list shown.
The My Vehicle screen is shown with the settings for the selected vehicle type.
- Select each setting and enter the correct value for your vehicle type. If a setting will not be a route restriction, for example Maximum Speed, you can set it to zero.
Tip: For Bus and Truck vehicle types, the dimensions, weight and maximum speed are pre-set. Adjust the settings to match your vehicle's actual specifications.
Important: Settings that are set at zero are not used to determine restrictions when a route is planned.
- If your vehicle is a Truck transporting hazardous materials, select HAZMAT then select the type of hazardous material being transported.
- Return to the map view and plan a route.
A route is planned that avoids route restrictions applicable to your vehicle.
You can find an alternative route or change the route type for all types of vehicles, taking into account the vehicle's specific settings.