Your GO Discover, GO Camper Max, GO Exclusive or GO Expert needs to be connected to the internet in order to get traffic information, as well as for other real-time update services like mobile speed camera updates.
To connect to your smartphone, Bluetooth® must be enabled on that phone. Your phone also needs to be discoverable for other devices.
For further instructions about Bluetooth® settings on your phone see your phone's manual. Usually, the manual is available for download on your phone provider's website.
Connecting your phone
To connect a GO Discover, GO Camper Max, GO Exclusive or GO Expert to your phone, follow these steps:
- On your navigation device, open the main menu.
- Tap Settings , then tap Bluetooth® .
- Tap Add Phone .
- On your phone, open Bluetooth in the Settings menu.
- Switch on Bluetooth. To use your phone's data connection for TomTom Services, open the Settings menu on your phone and switch on Personal Hotspot*.
- Your navigation device will appear in a list of available devices. Tap it to pair.
- Accept the pairing request on your phone, then on your navigation device.
- Your devices are now connected.
Note : Depending on your phone's Operating System, Personal Hotspot might be called one of the following names:
Tethering or Bluetooth® Tethering
Tether or Bluetooth® Tether
Or check the latest documentation available on your phone manufacturer's website.
Disconnecting your phone
Open the menu and go to Settings > Bluetooth to see the phones that are paired with your device.
To disconnect a connected phone, tap Connected. This brings up a prompt saying “Disconnect?”. Tap OK to disconnect the phone.
To have your device completely forget a paired phone, tap the cogwheel next to Connected. This brings up a prompt saying “Forget phone?”. Tap OK to fully unpair the phone.