Congratulations on your new TomTom GO Discover and GO Superior! This article will take you through the steps to set up your new device and get you moving.
You will learn how to set up your Wi-Fi connection to check for software and map updates and get connected to TomTom services. You can also find your user manual at the bottom.
Getting to know your TomTom GO Discover/GO Superior
- Search button.
- Switch view button.
- Sounds and Alerts button.
- Main menu button.
- Current location.
- Points of interest and your saved Places.
- Instruction panel.
- Fuel station and price.
- Speed limit and current speed.
- Estimated time of arrival.
- Distance / time to your destination.
- Traffic delays.
- Route highlights.
- Route options button.
Setting a destination
Tap the Search button.
Enter an address, the name of a place, or the type of place (e.g. restaurant).
Tap on a search result to select it.
Tap the Drive button to plan a route.
Easy updating using Wi-Fi®
Use Wi-Fi® to get the latest features and map updates for your TomTom GO Discover/GO Superior. No computer needed!
To get updates, open the main menu. Tap Settings , then tap Updates & New Items . Follow the prompts to set up an internet connection and get the updates.
Installing in your car
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the mount and the USB car charger.
- Plug the charger into the power supply on your dashboard.
- Push the mount firmly against your windscreen and turn the base clockwise until you feel it lock.
- Place your GO Discover/GO Superior in the mount, making sure that it clicks into place.
You could also use a Dashboard Mount Disk (not included) to attach the mount to your dashboard.
- On some of our larger devices there is an extra locking mechanism to the rear of the mount which may also need adjusting.
Connecting your phone
Connect your phone to your TomTom GO Discover/GO Superior for traffic updates, fuel prices, parking availability and electric vehicle points of interest.
To set up the connection to your phone, open the main menu. Tap Settings , then tap Bluetooth® .
Learn more about connecting your phone.