This FAQ contains information that may not be applicable to your device. More information .
Important: Follow this procedure only when you have been advised to by TomTom Customer Support, if you've recently bought a new map, or if you have an active Map Update Service subscription.
This procedure tells you how to remove all downloaded versions of the map so your map will appear in the list of updates again.
- Connect your device to your computer and start TomTom HOME.
- Click Log in in the top right hand corner. Enter your email address and password, then click Log in .
Note: Make sure you use the same account that you used to purchase the map.
- Remove the map to be downloaded again from your device:
- From the main menu of TomTom HOME, click on Manage my device .
- If there are maps in the Maps folder, click the check box to select the map you wish to download again.
- Click Remove items from device .
- When the map has been successfully removed, click Done .
- Remove the map to be downloaded again from your computer:
- From the main menu of TomTom HOME, click on Manage my device and open the tab Items on my computer .
- Open the maps folder and click the check box to select all versions of the map you wish to download again.
- Click Remove items from computer .
- When the maps have been successfully removed, click Done .
- Click Update my device .
- Your map will appear in the list of updates. Click Update and install .
Note: If you get a server time-out error, it means that there is a problem with the connection between your device and the TomTom HOME servers. [ more... ]
- If the error occurs at the start of the download, it is usually caused by a firewall setting that is blocking TomTom HOME from connecting to the TomTom HOME servers.
- If the error occurs after a few hours then it is due to a slow download speed; which could be caused by a firewall blocking or impeding the download, or it could simply be due to a slow internet connection.
- When the map has downloaded, click Done .
- Click Update my device . If the TomTom application is offered in this list of updates, make sure the application is selected, then click Update and install .
Note: The latest version of the application is required for your navigation device to be able to read the map.
- When the installation has finished, click Done . Your device might restart.
- If your device asks if you wish to connect to the computer, tap Yes and repeat step 8 until no more application updates are offered.
- Once the application is fully updated, click the blue disconnect device button in the bottom right of the TomTom HOME screen. This will safely disconnect your device. Disconnect your device from your computer. Your device will now load the new map.
About downloading maps
Larger maps can take several hours to download. Make sure you turn off any power saving settings on your computer.