If you see an error message in TomTom HOME when you are making a payment stating Error when contacting server: Some of the information you entered cannot be used. VAT number validation failed , it could be due to one of the following causes:
- When making a payment in TomTom HOME, you need to enter the VAT number without the country code. The country code is automatically set by the address entered.
- Make sure that you enter the correct VAT number and that you enter it using the correct format:
- 999 9999 99
- 999 9999 99 999 (Branch Traders)
- GD999 (Government Departments)
- HA999 (Health Authorities)
- When making a payment using a VAT number, the number is validated against the European Taxation and Customs Union website . The error message VAT number validation failed is given when this website cannot be reached, or if this website cannot validate the VAT number that you entered.