Getting to know your TomTom VIA
- Main menu button.
- Zoom buttons.
- Switch view button.
- Current location.
- Map symbols. Tap to quick plan a route.
- Phone button. Tap to talk to Siri or Google Now™.
- Speed limit & current speed panel. Tap to see the quick menu.
- Instruction panel. Tap to see a list of instructions.
- Estimated time of arrival.
- Distance/time to your arrival.
- Traffic delay.
- Route highlights. Tap to see more information.
- Distance to next highlight.
Setting a destination
- Open the main menu
- Tap Search and enter an address, the name of a place or its type, for example, Restaurant.
- Address and city matches appear on the left, while places and points of interest appear on the right.
- Tap on a search result to select it.
- Tap on the Drive button to plan a route.
Saving your favourite places
- Tap a map symbol or press and hold on the map to select a location.
- Tap the pop-up menu button.
- Tap Add to My Places and give the place a name.
- All of your saved locations are shown as markers on the map. This allows you to quickly navigate using the map. See your favourite places on your phone or computer with MyDrive .
Connecting your phone
- Connect your phone to get accurate traffic information and other TomTom Services. You can also connect for hands-free calls and smartphone messages.
- To set up the connection to your phone, open the main menu. Tap Settings , then tap Bluetooth® . Tap Add Phone .
- Install the TomTom MyDrive app on your phone. Follow the steps in the app to connect your devices and complete the setup. Remember to open the MyDrive app and switch on Bluetooth® whenever you want your devices to connect.
Learn more about connecting your phone.
Easy updating using Wi-Fi
- Use Wi-Fi to get the latest features, map updates, and QuickGPSfix for your TomTom VIA. No computer needed!
- To get updates, open the main menu. Tap Settings , then tap Updates & New Items . Follow the prompts to set up an internet connection and get the updates.
- Learn more about updating your device.
Getting there faster
- Control your TomTom VIA with the power of your voice. Say "Hello TomTom" while in the map or guidance view to activate voice control and see available commands.
- Use TomTom MyDrive to plan routes, check live traffic, and send your destination and favourites to your TomTom VIA. Install the MyDrive app on your phone or tablet or visit MyDrive on your computer.