Note : The file that TomTom HOME needs to operate your device may not always be available immediately after the release of a new application. In this case, we suggest trying the Operate my device function again a few days later.
If the application was released more than a week ago, follow the instructions below to fix this issue.
1. Safely disconnect your navigation device from your computer:
Click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray and then choose the USB Mass Storage Device from the pop-up window.
Drag the desktop icon of your navigation device to the trash.
3. Connect your navigation device to the computer.
4. Click Update my device in the main menu in TomTom HOME to check if a newer verson of the application is available. If there is a newer version, select the application and click Install .
5. Click Operate my device .
If the problem persists, remove the files that TomTom HOME uses to operate your device and reinstall them:
- Exit TomTom HOME.
- Delete any files or folders in the following location:
- Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\
- Windows 7 / Vista
- Windows XP
- Start TomTom HOME again.
- Click Operate my device . The file needed to use operate your device will be installed automatically and you will be able to use this function.