TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TomTom Discussions is provided as a place for TomTom customers to exchange ideas, information, and knowledge related to TomTom products. The following rules and guidelines are presented here so that you as a user know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other users.
By accessing this website, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions. TomTom reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. These terms and conditions apply to all your visits to TomTom Discussions, both now and in the future.
1. GENERAL GUIDELINES
TomTom Discussions forum is available in three languages i.e English, German and French.
- We are here to help. If you are new to TomTom Discussions and are unsure about anything, just ask! The TomTom moderators and other users are happy to help. TomTom moderators and TomTom staff are identified by the TomTom logo and role next to their username.
- Stay productive. TomTom Discussions is primarily designed as a place for customers to help customers, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic on the forum or thread. Don’t hijack other members’ topics for your own agenda. If you need assistance directly from TomTom, please take advantage of the contact options available on our support pages: http://tomtom.com/support .
- Stay on-topic. For everyone's benefit please stay on-topic. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any person, company or product, or from posting in a manner unrelated to TomTom products and services. Do not post any information that you do not wish to make public. Any information that you post can be obtained and used by others. You post at your own risk and responsibility.
- Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on TomTom Discussions - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else's experience. Please be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members and staff. In particular, refrain from posting anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties. Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment ("flaming" or "trolling") on either TomTom Discussions or through private messaging are not acceptable.
- Keep it spam-free. TomTom Discussions is provided as a service to TomTom customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organisations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, petitions, or any other form of unauthorised solicitation.
Avoid cross posting - Creating multiple topics for the same query.
- Keep it legal. It is unacceptable to post any material (i) that would infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, (ii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware, or (iii) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on TomTom Discussions, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. If the advice given by a user sounds wrong or risky to you, do not try it. In particular, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it. Also avoid posting your personal information like contact number, email address, order number, serial number of your device, Customer Support reference number in your query.
It is not allowed to register multiple accounts. Any user found to be active under multiple identities risks having one or more accounts suspended and their forum membership removed.
3. TOMTOM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE CONTENT AND LIMIT USERS' ACCESS.TomTom does not generally edit, monitor or pre-screen content posted by users on TomTom Discussions. However, TomTom retains the right, at its sole discretion, to limit any users' access to TomTom Discussions and to remove material that, in TomTom's sole judgment, does not comply with this Use Agreement, or that is otherwise inappropriate, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or contains speculations or rumours. Moderators may take any action they deem necessary in their own judgment to support the Use Agreement. Such actions may include editing or deleting material and temporary or permanent banning of individual users.
To report violations, please use the Report Inappropriate Content feature or contact the TomTom Discussions moderators at: email@example.com . Please include the message board name and a link to the relevant post.
4. PRIVATE MESSAGES AND MODERATOR ACTIONS.Moderator actions and the contents of private exchanges with moderators, staff members and administrators should not be shared or discussed on the public forums. Such material will be removed by moderators. If you have questions or comments regarding moderator actions, contact the forum administrator, staff or moderators through private message or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.TomTom does not formally provide technical support on TomTom Discussions. Users like you provide most of the material on TomTom Discussions. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. TomTom does not control and is not responsible for this third-party material.
6. LIMITED LICENSE.TomTom hereby authorises you to copy materials published by TomTom on this website solely for non-commercial use within your organisation in support of TomTom products. No other use of the information is authorised. In consideration of this authorisation, you agree that any copy of these materials which you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original. Except as specified above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark or copyright of TomTom or any third party. VISITORS OR USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Content included on this site and provided by or on behalf of TomTom (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images and forum posts) is the exclusive property of TomTom. By submitting your content to TomTom Discussions you hereby grant to TomTom a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, freely transferable, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to any content you provide to us in any public space on this website or in any email that you provide to us through this website or any other TomTom website. Please do not post content on TomTom Discussions if you do not want to grant TomTom the abovementioned rights.
7. TRADEMARKS.The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed within TomTom Discussions are the property of TomTom or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of TomTom or such third party which may own the Mark. "TomTom" is a registered trademark of TomTom International B.V.
9. INTERNATIONAL SITE USE.All forum content is in English, French or German. TomTom Discussions may not be helpful or relevant to all international customers. Not all products or programs mentioned will be available internationally.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.TomTom Discussions may contain links to third party sites. Access to any other internet site linked to this website is at the user's own risk and TomTom is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on these sites. TomTom provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement.
Any links posted by you are subject to all terms and conditions like any other type of content posted to TomTom Discussions. You may not post a link that directs users to any content or information that would constitute a violation of this Use Agreement.
11. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS.Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorised users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution.
12. TOMTOM EMPLOYEES.TomTom employees are required to adhere to the Employee Guidelines.