Watch the video
To update your Carminat, follow these steps:
- From the Main Menu on your Carminat TomTom, select Remove SD card .
- Wait until the message You can now safely remove your SD card is displayed.
- Remove the SD card from your Carminat TomTom.
- Insert the SD card into the card reader connected to your computer.
- If you have not yet installed TomTom HOME on your computer, you can download it here:
- If HOME does not automatically check for updates, click Update my device in the HOME menu.
Note : if you would like to install an application you downloaded previously, click Add Traffic, Voices, Speed Cameras etc. > Items on my computer .
- If a new application is available, it is listed on the next screen.
Make sure the new application is selected, then click Download updates .
HOME downloads the selected items...
HOME then installs the selected items on your device.
- Click Done .
- Click Device > Disconnect Device in the HOME menu. You can then disconnect your device from your computer.
- Inside your vehicle, make sure your Carminat TomTom and the radio are turned off, then insert the SD card into your Carminat.
- Switch on the ignition in your vehicle.
- Several screens are displayed. When prompted, confirm the installation by clicking Yes .
The installation takes approximately 2 minutes.
When finished, the Carminat TomTom restarts automatically.
- The first part of the update is now complete. You now need to repeat the steps 1-9 to download the update to the Danger Zones service for maps including France, at no additional cost.
Having trouble updating? We're here to help. Contact us now